Do you know what month it is... California Avocado Month !! Since I'm on a continuous quest to live up to my name, I wanted to put together a fun recipe highlighting the kween of all fruits. I basically threw all my favorite things in a bowl and called it a day: fresh California Avocados, grapefruit, mangos, feta cheese, macadamia nuts. BOOM.
- 1 fresh California Avocado
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- 1 mango
- 1/4c macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1/4c feta cheese, crumbled
- Microgreens, to garnish
- 2T extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
What you'll do:
- Cut the avocado in half and slice it vertically, forming an avocado rose (they're easier than they look! Check this tutorial on youtube).
- Peel and slice the grapefruit and navel oranges into circular discs, and peel and dice the mango.
- Toast the macadamia nuts until fragrant and set aside to cool.
- Whisk olive oil and lemon juice together, set aside.
- Arrange citrus, avocado and mango on a plate. Sprinkle feta and macadamia nuts on top. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and top with microgreens.
*Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by the California Avocado Commission, but all opinions are my own.